Lungegårdshospitalet (The Lungegaard Hospital), also known as Lungegården Sykehus (The Lungegaarden Hospital), was the first of a new-established group of institutions that helped to obtain a control over the leprosy in Norway. Lungegaarden was a nursing institution for lepers and others with skin diseases. The hospital was situated in Lungegaardsmarken, today known as Sejersbjerget.
The hospital was founded in 1845 and in active use from 1849. But already in 1853, the building burned and three patients and one guard died. After a while, one started using the school of the non-commissioned officers, in the Kong Oscars street, as a hospital. The lepers lived here while Lungegaardshospitalet was reconstructed. The new building was finished in 1857.
Due to a decrease in the number of patients, the hospital was closed in 1895. The remaining 42 patients and the lab equipment were transferred to Pleiestiftelsen for spedalske Nr. 1.
When the railroad track was moved to the east side of the Store Lungegårds lake, the hospital lost a part of its large garden. In 1953 the hospital was removed to give way to more railroad tracks.